Keep in mind what the recruiters challenges are:
- They need to sort out many CVs in a limited amount of time,
- They are reading CVs for a given position and have to benchmark these CV with the organization, the department and the job demands.
To insure a good accessibility keep in mind the following check list:
- Format – usability and compatibility: send only pdf files,
- CV Readable on smart phones,
- Your contact details available on each page of the CV,
- Page 1 contains all critical information,
- All relevant information accessible within 20 seconds,
- USPs visible,
- Vocabulary: no jargon or over-technical language,
- Length of the CV justified (ideally 2 pages).
A (good) brand deliver a (strong) message; A CV is an important part of your branding. A Strong content, an adapted style and an easy accessibility of your document can make the difference in a job search.
Sandrine van den Oudenhoven
Sandrine van den Oudenhoven helps dual career couples to make their relocation in Switzerland a project for both. With the job4U2 programs, she is supporting the accompanying partners’ professional integration by sharing her knowledge of the Swiss economic network, of the recruiters’ expectations and custom, but also by deploying her ability to nurture individuals’ motivation and positive energy during this period of major changes.